Kickstarter Diary 2
We are planning to start a Kickstarter soon for Fading Suns: Noble Armada, and we could really use some input from you. While finishing the game, we realized that with a little more time and money we create some very cool additions to the game that we had not planned.
One of my favorite things with all of the Fading Suns games we have created has been the fun stuff the players have made. Things like the Hyperion and Nova mods for Emperor of the Fading Suns, fan stories for the RPG, and awesome live action games for Passion Play just scratch the surface of your creativity.
We have a Level Editor for FSNA. Unfortunately, like most proprietary level editors, it really is not usable by anyone who did not help design it or who has not been working with it for months. We want it usable by any player, and that takes UI design, art, programming and playtesting for which we have not budgeted.
A user-friendly level editor is one of the primary goals of the basic Kickstarter. We also know that players would like the game on more platforms than just PC, so the base Kickstarter also funds versions of the game for iOs and Android devices.
We have a lot of options for what we do after that (what Kickstarter calls stretch goals) and need your input about what you would most like to see.
- More ports of the game to console devices – Xbox, Playstation, etc.;
- A port for Apple computers and Mac devices;
- Additional factions, ships and items. Right now the game includes spaceships from the five Royal houses. When we include other factions, they are flying Decados, Hawkwood, Hazat, Li Halan and al-Malik ships. However, the Fading Suns universe is home to many types of ships and there are a lot we could add. Do you want:
- Something else?
- While this game now focuses on the science fiction aspect of the Fading Suns universe, the setting is really a space fantasy. Players love the holy miracles, psychic powers, ancient relics, and unexplainable phenomenon. Which of these would you like to see added:
- Psychic powers
- The game currently includes a Skirmish mode (a single fight) and Mission mode (coming in at the Jumpgate and battling through the solar system). Would you like to see a campaign mode that links multiple missions and allows you to sail from jumpgate to jumpgate?
All feedback is welcome, even suggestions we did not post here.